Monday, February 9, 2009

QUENBY!? WHAT DID YOU DOOOO?!?

The Rock Hill Vacation started off without a hitch until Quenby arrived on saturday. I decided to start the vacation stories with this particular incident because it is so typical Quenby and has already become a legendary story. So, much so that people already can't believe it even happened!

We had not seen Brooks in so long. Especially me. So, before Kristin and I decided to visit Rock Hill we made sure that he was going to be available to hang out with us. We've always had such great times with Brooks so we wanted him there for our saturday night party at the house. It was me, Steven, Quenby, Kristin, Traci and Jamie. We drove up to downtown Charlotte to pick up Brooks. North Tryon st. to be exact. So, we decided to all go out to dinner but it was still early so we asked him to come up and see his apartment so we can kill some time. As we were walking down the hall, I glanced at the side and saw a fire alarm. Just when I was thinking, wow I hope that doesn't go off, all of a sudden, it did. I looked back at Quenby and the look on her face was enough. She was flailing (sp?) her arms around and accidentally hit the fire alarm. The video is of us evacuating the building because after a few seconds we heard fire engines coming down the street. Two of them. When we got down the bottom of the building, hundreds of people were in the process of evacuating. I saw a man in a wheel chair and a lot of old people.

Traci told Quenby she needed to tell the firemen that she was the one that pulled the alarm and that the ppl didn't need to evac. She couldn't so Traci did and then we were on our way to dinner with all the comotion and flashing lights behind us. This story really doesn't do it justice and if I left anything out, feel free to comment.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure that's a fire alarm? It sounds like the sustain of a well-strummed electric guitar.

    By the way, I like the new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah unless they plugged the fire alarm up to sound like that. Thank you about the new look. It will probably change often, as I get bored often.

    ReplyDelete